From: Steven B. Carlson [mailto:scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:27 AM
To: stds-802-3-WGAC@xxxxxxxx
Cc: Glenn Parsons (glenn.parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxx); Dawn Slykhouse
(dawns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); Hajduczenia, Marek X.
(Marek.Hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: IEEE Websites

Colleagues,

It looks like the problems with the IEEE sites may be overcome by accessing
through a VPN. It seems that all of our meeting traffic comes from a single
IP address, and that new IEEE IT filters have identified our using the
Websites as an "attack." Apparently having a meeting and using the sites
constitutes an attack. Good to know.

IEEE-SA IT is working to get IEEE-IT to remove the blacklist.

Please let your groups know.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp 1000BASE-T1 PHY Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/index.html
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR