[802.3_RTPGE] Proposal for PCS baseline text

Colleagues,

For those of you who reviewed draft 1.0 you saw that we currently have no text for PCS and PMA.

Based on the approved motions for block coding, scrambling, FEC, bit ordering and 3B2T mapping I drafted the attached proposal for PCS baseline text for the next draft.

Please note that for completeness some non-approved items were included but marked in italics. These will be changed when we have accepted baselines.

(Marek, you’ll be happy to hear the text will be provided as a Framemaker file.)

Please review this text and provide feedback so that I may include it before the meeting next week.

Also let me know if you are in support of this baseline text.

Keep in mind this is merely a proposed baseline and subject to improvement or change in future drafts.

Regards,

Brett

Brett McClellan

Systems Engineering Manager, DSP