[802.3_RTPGE] P802.3bp and P802.3bw July 802.3 Plenary

Colleagues,

I will once against be Chairing the P802.3bw meeting next week. Our work
plan will be to respond to any comments from our first Sponsor Ballot
recirculation of D3.1, and to create and recirculate D3.2. We will discuss
the schedule for the next few months as we move the project to completion:

For P802.3bp, we will look at comments on D1.5 and decide how many we want
to implement now, as opposed to waiting until the first Working Group
ballot. As I have mentioned previously, any changes to D1.5 must be display
to the 802.3 WG on Thursday as a redline. We would like to not have a draft
with a significant amount of change while requesting WG ballot, but, as
always, the Task Force will make that decision.

We have a busy schedule for both projects. The opening WG plenary is Monday,
July 13, from 10:00AM to noon. P802.3bp will start at 13:00 and run until
17:30 on Monday, and from 08:00 to noon Tuesday. P802.3bw will run from
08:00 Wednesday to noon Thursday. The closing WG plenary is from 13:00 to
whenever (remember Berlin) Thursday afternoon. This will be a very busy
meeting as many projects are moving through the process. As we will vote to
send P802.3bw to WG ballot, please attend the WG close on Thursday.

I look forward to seeing you next week and wish you safe travels to
Waikoloa. The weather forecast for next week shows temperatures in the mid
80's(F) with lots of rain.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp 1000BASE-T1 PHY Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/index.html
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR