[802.3_RTPGE] IEEE P802.3bp 2nd IEEE 802.3 Working Group recirculation ballot results

Colleagues,

The 2nd IEEE 802.3 Working Group recirculation ballot on the amendment IEEE
P802.3bp 1000BASE-T1 PHY closed successfully on 1st December 2015. The
ballot exceeded the required 75% for consensus to approve the draft. The
December 2015 IEEE P802.3bp Task Force interim meeting
<http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html> will consider the 20 comments
submitted and determine changes to the draft as appropriate.

The ballot statistics are:

 278 Voters
 163 Approve
   0 Disapprove
  20 Abstain
 183 Ballots returned

  65.83% Response Rate (> 50% required)
  10.93% Abstain Rate (< 30% required)
 100.00% Approval Rate (>= 75% required)

Thank you to all that participated in this ballot.

The received comment database may be found here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/comments/8023bp_D22_received.pdf

The proposed responses may be found here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/comments/8023bp_D22_proposed.pdf

Of the 20 comments, 15 are E and 5 are T. However, 18 out of the 20 are
out-of-scope for this recirculation as they are directed to text that was
unchanged from the previous draft. A Task Force has the option of accepting
out-of-scope comments. However, if the comment is substantive, an additional
recirculation is required. The editorial team has worked with David Law, the
802.3 Working Group Chair, to determine which comments are considered
"non-substantive". Non-substantive comments may be implemented without
forcing an additional recirculation. These comments, all of them E, have
been accepted in the proposed responses.

Out-of-scope comments may be rejected on scope with no further response
required.
All remaining out-of-scope comments have been rejected and the commenter has
been invited to resubmit at sponsor ballot. One of the rejected T comments
has been withdrawn by the commenter. The goal is to produce D3.0 out of the
10 December interim  and begin sponsor ballot as soon as possible.

I have heard from a few of you that you will be attending the interim on 10
December in Santa Clara:

http://ieee802.org/3/interims/santa_clara_3_1215.html

As we have few comments, David Law has given permission to reduce the
meeting to 2 hours from 10AM to noon.

If you wish to attend, please send me an email as soon as possible.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp 1000BASE-T1 PHY Task Force