Re: [802.3_SCC18] summary of SCC18 adhoc meeting and prep work for the next meeting

Minutes from today’s SCC18 ad hoc meeting (as well as those of the August 9 meeting) have been uploaded to the IEEE 802.3 SCC18 ad hoc site.  Please see the website to review the discussion in today’s minutes for items of business for the September 13 meeting.

-george

From: Chad Jones (cmjones) [mailto:cmjones@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 11:02 AM
To: STDS-802-3-SCC18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_SCC18] summary of SCC18 adhoc meeting and prep work for the next meeting

The SCC18 adhoc meeting today focused on the TC64 comments document, found here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/private/liaison_docs/IEC_TC_64/CC_2184CD.pdf. IEEE 802.3 has a Class D liaison to this group. The comment resolution meeting is scheduled for early November and 802.3 therefore consensus guidance is needed from the September meeting. Therefore, please review the comments document and bring any comments  you would like to discuss (both supporting or opposing) to the next meeting. The group discussed a few in today’s meeting as noted in the minutes posted in the adhoc public area: http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/SCC_18/public/index.html.

We will meet Wednesday Sept 13, in the 802.3bt room at 1PM ET. I will make accommodations for those wishing to attend by phone for this meeting.

Chad Jones

Tech Lead, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force