[802.3_SCC18] Review requested

Colleagues, as discussed in the meeting today, we will conduct a review of ITU-T K.147. The document can be found here: https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-K.147-202006-I!!PDF-E&type=items. Please send any comments on the document to me (cmjones at cisco.com) by 11:59AOE Tuesday September 22, 2020. I will compile the comments into one document and we will review this in the next PDCC Ad Hoc on Sept 23, preparing to request the WG forward the comments to ITU in the 802.3WG meeting on Sept 24.

Background on the document: it is a 48 page work titled: Ethernet port resistibility testing for overvoltages and overcurrents. It is being referenced in an IEEE document (IEEE C62.43.1) that some individuals that also attend 802.3 commented against due to various inaccuracies. The text in the IEEE document was removed and a reference to the ITU document replaced it. We need to make sure the ITU document does not also contain these same inaccuracies.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cv Task Force