[STDS-802-3-BWA] Beyond the BWA IC

All,

With this week’s progress on comment resolution of comments submitted against D1.0, the expected approval of the BWA Assessment in July by the WG, and the tutorial in July – I have been approached by a number of individuals asking what is next?

Based on the conversations with these individuals and others, the question of starting the next HSSG has repeatedly come up.  I am hearing different things from different individuals, and believe that we need a forum for open conversation and consensus building on this topic.

To that end, I believe a new industry connections activity focused on consensus building regarding the next speed effort would be an appropriate way to proceed.  I look forward to further discussion with others on this, and would welcome feedback.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Adhoc