Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 6:03 AM
Subject: [STDS-802-3] IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Report Approved

Dear Ad Hoc Participants,

I am happy to announce that at last week?s IEEE 802 July Plenary meeting, the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Report was approved by the IEEE 802.3 Working Group.  Therefore, the published final report can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/bwa/BWA_Report.pdf.  In addition, please note that a tutorial was also given in support of the report.  It may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/802_tutorials/2012-07/BWATutorial_D1_12_0716.pdf

Please note that with the completion of the ad hoc?s deliverables, IEEE 802.3 has requested the IEEE 802 EC to request ICCom terminate the ?Ethernet Wireline Bandwidth Needs? Industry Connection Activity.

I would like to extend my gratitude to our editor Pete Anslow for all of his hard work in editing the Assessment report.  I would also like to thank all of the individuals who contribute data to this effort.  Finally, to the Ad hoc for all of their work and dedication at the meetings and teleconferences.

And as they say, the end of every story is the start of a new one.  Last week I requested the initiation of the Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Industry Connections activity.  So stay tuned, as this activity is in the approval process.

Best Regards to all,

John D?Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Banwidth Assessment Ad hoc.