From: John D'Ambrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:21 PM
To: STDS-802-3-BWA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-BWA] IEEE 802.3 September Interim Announcement - IEEE 802.3 HSE Consensus Ad Hoc

Dear Ad Hoc Participants,

The IEEE 802.3 Higher Speed Ethernet (HSE) Consensus Ad hoc will be meeting at the IEEE 802.3 September Interim Session in Geneva, Switzerland.  The Ad hoc will meet on Sunday, September 23 from 10am to 5pm.

There is no meeting fee, however, meeting registration for access to the ITU facilities is required. The link to the ITU registration page will be provided as soon as it is available.  Also, please note that there is no meeting hotel for this interim.  Participants are responsible for selecting and booking their own hotel.  Registration information, hotel listings, and meeting details may be found at http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/geneva_info_0912.html.    You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible.

The agenda for the meeting will be the discussion of the ad hoc itself and the building of consensus related to the development of the next speed of Ethernet.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the September Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by September 14, 2012.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the September Interim, presentations must be submitted by September 18, 2012

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Please note that I will be traveling internationally prior to the submission date, so please allow additional time if you need to discuss any issues with me prior to the submittal dates.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE 802.3 Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Ad Hoc

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  I look forward to seeing everyone in Geneva.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Industry Connections Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Ad Hoc