[STDS-802-3-BWA] CFI Consensus Presentation Update

All,

Last night’s meeting went extremely well.  I believe we have the hard work of the IEEE 802.3 HSE Consensus Ad hoc for that.  So my thanks to all.

I want to share the results of the straw polls with everyone.

First the room count was 132.

First strawpoll - Should a Study Group be formed for “ 400 Gb/s Ethernet”?

Results (yes / no / abstain): 132 / 0 / 1

Second strawpoll - I would participate in the “400 Gb/s Ethernet” Study Group in IEEE 802.3.

Tally 94

Third strawpoll - My company would support participation in the “400 Gb/s Ethernet” Study Group in IEEE 802.3

Tally: 60

So, you can see there was a high degree of consensus and interest.

I believe things look very promising for Thursday’s vote.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia