[802.3_CDE] DTE Power Meeting in July - Vancouver

Hi folks,

The orginal objective of this adhoc was to develop
an understanding of the issues surrounding cable
charge/discharge phenomena and determine methods of
testing devices and products to ensure reliability
in the field.

For a number of reasons, traction has not been made
on these key issues. Perhaps people are comfortable
with internally developed data/methods and do not see
a need to proceed within the standards body?

To be frank, I have plenty of work to do on other
issues that are, in my opinion, higher priority.

That said, I am going to recommend this adhoc be
disbanded during the next IEEE plenary in Vancouver.

If anyone has a substantial reason I should not proceed
in this manner, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Regards,

Dan
Chair - IEEE802.3 CDE Adhoc Task Force