[10GBASE-CX4] comments on latest CX4 revision

54.7.3.6 Differential Output Template and Figure 54-3
The interconnect from the MDI to the scope for measuring against this
template has not been adequately described.  I could not find any
information on the plumbing.  A tight template like this one must be spec'd
along with the interconnect hardware.

Please consider readily available adapters and cables for this.  I suggest
that the test interface be comprised of a 1m, 24AWG cable to connect
between the MDI and a GigaCN-to-SMA adapter board.  If you don't have one
of these boards yet, you will soon!  From the SMA to the scope, we can use
short, high quality cable.  This is easy and convenient.

Regards,
Clark Foley
Maxim Integrated Products
(503) 547-2018