RE: [10GBASE-CX4] Updates on 802.3ak website

Takeshi,

I responded earlier to Chris's remark. Now I have looked at your point made
and am not convinced that the issue is of "Characteristic Impedance" as much
as it is  about measurement technique.

I believe this is a measurement problem. The Zo of the cable is based upon
the distributed L and C (and some R) of the materials and unless the cable
structure changes, is constant. Therefore, one can make the assumption that
Zo as measured at the beginning of the cable is Zo.

Once that is determined, Return Loss, Insertion Loss and the other required
parameters sufficiently characterize the assembly for our needs.

Regards,

Dan