From: Law, David [mailto:dlaw@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 2:56 AM
To: STDS-802-3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3] IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1a) Standard for Management Information Base (MIB) definitions for Ethernet 2nd Sponsor recirculation ballot results

Dear Colleagues,

The 2nd Sponsor recirculation ballot on the Revision IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1a) Standard for Management Information Base (MIB) definitions for Ethernet closed successfully on 30th April 2013. The ballot exceeded the required 75% for consensus to approve the draft. The ballot statistics are:

      96    Voters
      76    Approve
      0     Disapprove
      3     Abstain
      79    Ballots returned

      82%    Response Rate (>= 75% required)
       3%    Abstain Rate (< 30% required)
     100%    Approval Rate (>= 75% required)

The two comments received were Editorial Coordination comments. The first reads 'The changes presented in this draft meet all editorial requirements once the revised PAR is approved.', the second reads 'After a second review, I remove my conditions about the PAR. This draft meets all editorial requirements'. As a point of information there isn't a revised PAR associated with this project.

Based on these results, and the conditional approval granted at the March 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary meeting to forward IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1a) Ethernet MIBs to RevCom, I'm going to submit IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1a) for consideration on the June RevCom agenda.

Thank you to all that participated in this ballot.

David Law
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1a) Standard for Management Information Base (MIB) definitions for Ethernet Task Force