Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [BP] DC block capacitors in 10G NRZ channels

            Hi Vicente, all:

            I share your concern.  I don't think that the draft standard correctly deals with

the topology that you describe.  I commented on this in an earlier draft of the standard.

I think we need to say what is meant by AC coupling by providing one or more

specifications that place some bounds on it.

            Regards,

            Steve A.