Re: [802.3_NGEPON] D2.0 comments, work-in-progress, day 3

One more comment that needs discussion tomorrow to make sure we do not introduce unnecessary changes into the draft.

Regards

Marek

From: Marek Hajduczenia <mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:41 AM
To: 'STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Glen Kramer' <glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Curtis (CableLabs) <c.knittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: D2.0 comments, work-in-progress, day 3

Dear colleagues,

In the process of implementing some of the comments, I came across two comments (see below) that I believe need to revisited tomorrow to make sure we do not have contradictory changes in approved responses.

In the case of comment #181, another comment (#264) overrides the state diagram in question to align (fix) vector indexing. I believe this comment should be labelled AIP and pointed back to #264 for actual changes to the SD in question

In comment #182, http://www.ieee802.org/3/ca/public/meeting_archive/2019/07/kramer_3ca_4_0719.pdf introduces changes to the ProcessTimestamp function definition, but does not update the description of the function itself, leading to discrepancy between variable names and what is actually being done within the function. I believe a ~5 minutes’ long look at the text and live updates will help us avoid technical conflict.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia

P802.3ca Task Force Chief Editor