[802.3_CU4HDD] [IEEE 802.3 CU4HDD] - Task Force Meeting Announcement for Upcoming Plenary Week

CU4HDD Task Force:

This is a meeting announcement for the  P802.3cb 2.5 Gb/s and 5 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cables Task Force. The meetings will be held during the  802.3 Plenary meeting week in San Diego, CA the week of July 25th-29th. The overall Plenary meeting details are found at  http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

The 802.3cb Task Force will be meeting on Tuesday, July 26th, and Wednesday, July 27th, beginning at 9:00 am and continuing until business is completed. These may be short meetings, but we will plan for a day's worth of work, as it arises.

The current draft, about to become revision 1.2, is in good shape. Currently the final editorial revisions are going into place for release this week to the 802.3 leadership for review before the Working Group Ballot. Please keep reviewing Draft D1.1.5 as found in the Private Area. If you have editorial comments, you are asked to use the formal Comment Tools to send your comments to the current editor, Yong Kim, and myself.  We appreciate "all eyes" on the draft, to ensure it is as clean as we can make it, moving toward the Working Group Ballot.

We will also be making a revision to our PAR, at the Plenary, adding additional notes of explanation in section 8.1. Please preview those notes in this new revision posted on our Main Page.

The addition to our PAR will approved at the Plenary 802.3cb Task Force meeting and forwarded to the Executive Committee.

If you have any presentation to make at teh 802.3cb TF meeting, please forward to the chairman for inclusion in the agenda.

Cordially,

Dan Smith
Affiliation: Seagate Technology
Chairman, IEEE P802.3cb Task Force