[802.3_25GSMF] Parameter changes for MPI penalty

All,

At the ad hoc on Wednesday I took an action to provide the changes that would be needed in the optical link parameter tables for an MPI penalty of 0.7 dB.  See the attached presentation for what I think is needed.

The approach is to tighten Rx sensitivity and SRS by 0.7 dB for both the -LR and -ER variants.  In addition this proposal tightens the Transmitter reflectance from a maximum of -12 dB to a maximum of -26 dB.

Please use the reflector for discussion of this topic.  Our next ad hoc is on Wed June 28th and will be the only one between now and when the sponsor recirculation ballot ends.

Regards,

David Lewis

P802.3cc Task Force Chair