Re: [802.3_25GSMF] Parameter changes for MPI penalty

Thanks Mike.  I think that you and I are aligned.  If I don’t hear any new suggestions I’ll update the proposal slides and distribute in the next day or two.

Dave Lewis

From: Dudek, Mike [mailto:Mike.Dudek@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:26 PM
To: STDS-802-3-25GSMF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_25GSMF] Parameter changes for MPI penalty

I don’t think we should just put notes that the “additional loss allowed  needs to include MPI penalty.

I agree that a table like 100GBASE-DR makes sense for 40km.    For 30km we could either combine the column with 40km or better increase the allocation for penalties to 3.4dB. (and either add a note or row indicating that 0.7dB MPI penalty is included as per my earlier comment in this thread.) but most important reduce the “additional insertion loss allowed to 2.3dB.

I think that unless there is a major problem with meeting the stressed sensitivity for LR with the 0.7dB tighter specification we should just change that value and increase the “allocation for penalties” to 3.4dB (and either add a note or row indicating that 0.7dB MPI penalty is included as per my earlier comment in this thread.