[802.3_50G] Announcing D1.0 availability and start of Task Force Review

Dear Colleagues,

I’m announcing the availability of P802.3cd D1.0 to initiate the Task Force Review.

The draft is available in our private area: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cd/private/index.html

You can use the 802.3 Username/password combination or contact me for the Task Force specific password.

The Working Group ballot commenting tool will be used to gather comments for Task Force Review.  For those not familiar with the tool we will be reviewing its use at next week’s ad hoc meeting.  The tool is available here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/WG_tools/index.html   A comment entry tutorial is available at http://ieee802.org/3/ballots/p802d3_comment_entry_tutorial_v1p0.pdf.

The D1.0 Task Force Review period will close at 11:59PM EST on Friday Oct 28th AOE.  Given the limited review cycle and the limited meeting time availability in November to review the comments, please focus your review on the key issues and gaps in the document (e.g. TBDs) rather than editorial issues.

In November, the editorial team will endeavour to address all of the comments received but will prioritize the comments to make the best use of the meeting time in San Antonio.

Mark Nowell, Chair IEEE P802.3cd 50Gb/s, 100 Gb/s, and 200 Gb/s Ethernet Task Force