[802.3_50G] IEEE P802.3cd initial Sponsor ballot results

Dear Colleagues,

I’m forwarding on David Law’s email announcing the results of the initial P802.3cd Sponsor Ballot.

We passed all the targets for response, approval and abstain.  We received 175 comments that are available for review here: http://ieee802.org/3/cd/comments/index.html

Thank you to everyone who took the time to review and comment.  It is your efforts that make the specification out of IEEE so solid.

The editorial team is currently working hard to review these comments and pull together proposed responses.  We will post these and inform the group when they are available.  With many companies having year-end shut downs around this time of year, I do not anticipate we will be posting until January.

We will review these comments and develop final responses in the next F2F meeting in Geneva on the week of Jan 22nd.   As discussed in the TF updates in the ad hoc meetings, we currently expect the P802.3cd TF to be meeting on Mon/Tues Jan 22nd & 23rd all day and have the Wed 24th morning available too if we need it.

Finally, a huge thank you to the editorial team and the reviewers for their time, effort and expertise.  In the last 12 months, this group has worked through 7 drafts of the document (D1.1, D1.2, D1.3, D2.0, D2.1, D2.2 and now D3.0) and managed to stay mostly good-humoured throughout.

All the best,

Mark