[802.3_10SPE] last chance

I am trying to finalize the agenda for our meeting next week today.  If you have not yet let me know of a presentation, please do so ASAP.  We have a reasonable agenda, with lots of issues to discuss.

We have a number of presentations on noise measurements, so it is likely I may reserve some time for a noise modeling ad hoc to see if we have some consensus on one or more noise models for evaluation (possibly per use case).

We have a couple presentations on multidrop both on channel and TSN

We have some significant presentaitons on the long reach PHY proposal and should be able to adopt pieces of a baseline,

And a couple on powering.

We also have presentations on more general premises use cases and cabling topologies.

We could use more to make progress on:

-          15m link segment (automotive and industrial) (as of right now, we don’t have a strawman proposal on the table for the short use case)

-          Whether we should have a 200m link segment (industrial spur or premises) – and what would be proposed (this keeps coming up)

-          More on powering. (we seem to have 2 use cases – plug and play vs. engineered (higher power or longer distance)

-          Multidrop PHY complexity issues (we have a real shortage of discussion on PHY considerations)

Please let me know by Friday morning in California, but preferably ASAP.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx