[802.3_10SPE] Draft 1.0 posted to private area, and Task Force Review begins

Your intrepid editorial team, led by Valerie Maguire, has completed a draft 1.0 of 802.3cg for Task Force review.

To get you used to the comment process, we will be gathering comments on the draft using the IEEE 802.3 comment tools.  You may find two tools at http://www.ieee802.org/3/WG_tools/index.html (a filemaker tool, and the ‘comment entry spreadsheet’ tool – which I personally recommend – EITHER TOOL IS ACCEPTABLE).  Please avoid manual written comments, or comments that just come in the form of presentations.  It will help our meeting process if you follow the guidelines below:

  The spreadsheet tool has you fill in the following fields:

Category

Page

Sub-clause

Line #

Comment

Proposed Change

For Task Force Review, please ignore the “Must be satisfied” field.  ‘Required’ comments have no real meaning in task force review.

Category can be Technical, Editorial, or General.  It is up to you to determine which category your comment falls into.

When writing comments, the important thing is to identify which text is problematic.  If possible, quote the text that needs revision in your comment area.

Always, write a proposed change.  If the text is unclear enough that you can’t tell what is meant, try to state what the ambiguity is to be resolved.  Try to be specific.  “Adjust the PSD mask to meet emissions requirements” doesn’t give technical direction.  “Change Equation 146-99 from 44 – 10 log10 ( f/40) to 50 – 10log10(f/40)” gives specific direction.  If the change is long enough or complex enough that you need to make a presentation with technical backup, please note that in the proposed change field (give a presentation filename – such as Zimmerman_3cg_01_0118.pdf (and send me a request along with the filename you’ve given), AND write a short description of your proposed remedy. (such as: “adjust the PSD mask specification to meet emissions requirements as shown in Zimmerman_3cg_01_0118.pdf”)

If you have a question whether you’re getting it right while preparing comments, ask (email me directly).  If you’re asking too much, I’ll tell you, otherwise, I’m happy more than happy to answer in order to streamline our work.

-

-          Please send your comment to your editor (Valerie Maguire) and the Chair (George Zimmerman) by Sunday January 7 (AOE).

PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE WITH COMMENTS – Our editors are already giving you extra time for the holidays, and will need to work hard to be ready for the meeting.

A big thank you to the entire editorial team (Valerie Maguire, Piergiorgio Beruto, Chris Diminico, Curtis Donahue, Steffen Graber, Gergely Huszak, and Jon Lewis) for getting this draft out, and congratulations to the Task Force for getting to this point in the process of producing a standard.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860