Re: [802.3_10SPE] website update - Multidrop power - let's get moving.

Hi Folks,

Re “Peter Jones’ presentation on multi drop power has been withdrawn

A lot of what I intended to cover and start discussion on, got covered in Dayin’s presentation, and subsequent discussions.

I believe (and I think there is significant support in the group) that multidrop power is needed as part of the 10SPE solution, but we also need to move along expeditiously.

Again, if you have interest in helping with contributions to push forward work on multidrop power, please reach out and let me know. I think we have a lot of work to do on this before Chicago, and I don’t think we can serialize the work.

That being said – I’m looking for people to step forward and offer to provide contributions for the AdHoc.  I suggest we use the reflector to make progress between the AdHoc call.

Regards

Peter

Peter Jones            Cisco Systems

Principal Engineer     560 McCarthy Blvd.

Campus Switching S/W   Milpitas, CA, 95035 USA

Wrk: +1 408 525 6952   Mob: +1 408 315 8024

Email:                 petejone at cisco.com

Web:                   about.me/petergjones