From: Zerna, Conrad [mailto:conrad.zerna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:30 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10SPE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_10SPE] Scrambler proposal Hongming An

Hi Hongming,

your proposal to apply the scrambler earlier in the frame than payload data, is interesting. And I agree, that any preamble should have a good DC balance.
However, you have to take care of two things:
- the first four 4b5b symbols need to be robustly detected to start the scrambler in the receiver
- short control frames with the first four 4b5b symbols should also be free of spikes in the emissions PSD

Regards, Conrad