[802.3_10SPE] private area and draft of 802.3cg

I seem to be getting a lot of questions about whether there is a draft of 802.3cg available.  Hopefully this email makes the situation clear.

For the purposes of standards development, the drafts are available in the private area of the 802.3cg website.  (http://www.ieee802.org/3/cg/private/ ).  The material there is copyrighted, but is available for your personal use in standards development (i.e., please do not distribute).

Those participating in the standards development process may obtain the credentials for the private area by emailing me (for your personal use in standards development)

- or, better yet, by attending our meeting next week, when I will tell the whole group in parallel (saving me a bunch of emails).

As we have just completed a review of draft 1.1, and will meet next week to resolve comments and charter the editorial team to make draft 1.2, so draft 1.1 will shortly be obsolete.

I expect we will touch a lot of the draft, and we have not yet reached technical completeness, so, other than preparing for next week, you might want to wait a few weeks for draft 1.2, at which point you can participate in the review process and help us proceed by filing comments.

I look forward to seeing many of you next week in Rosemont and hope for a productive meeting.

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860