[802.3_10SPE] Call for presentations - adhoc and interim

10SPE’ers –

We have our last adhoc before the interim scheduled for this Wednesday 8/29.  Please send requests for presentations ASAP.  I strongly suggest that if you have a comment on draft 2.0 with significant technical content or analysis required, please put it together as a presentation to the group.  People will need time to think about and check analyses in order to reach consensus.  Generally, on complex technical issues (and we have a few in the comments) it is not enough to state ‘our engineers think XYZ is not necessary and can be ABC’.  An analysis of the situation is needed to build consensus.  The ad hoc is a good place to expose people to that.

That said, we need to keep things brief, so I suggest you put together the presentations with a short ‘summary/overview’ plus backup with the analysis – rather than just go through the long analysis.

I recommend the same practice for the interim (summary + detail), where we will be time pressed.

So, - PLEASE SEND  YOUR REQUESTS FOR PRESENTATION FOR THE AD HOC .

ADDITIONALLY, please start sending your requests for presentations for the interim.  Monday Sept. 3 is the deadline for requests, and I will stick to this, because logistically this meeting will be difficult – we have a lot of work to do, and only 3 days to get it done.

Monday Sept. 3 is also a holiday in the US – so I would ask you to please try to submit your presentation requests early if possible.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx