[802.3_10SPE] reminder on working group ballots and voting rights

All – just because 802.3cg has finished working group ballot, please do not forget your duty to vote on other working group ballots (or abstain if you have lack of expertise).

There are currently 3 ballots open: (see www.ieee802.org/3/ballots/announce.html ), and one closes on Sunday.

IEEE P802.3cn 50 Gb/s, 200 Gb/s, and 400 Gb/s over greater than 10 km of SMF

D2.0

Initial Working Group ballot

Saturday 16th March 2019

Sunday 14th April 2019 23:59 AOE

John D'Ambrosia

IEEE P802.3cn draft D2.0 ballot notice

IEEE P802.3cm 400 Gb/s over Multimode Fiber

D2.0

Initial Working Group ballot

Saturday 23rd March 2019

Sunday 21st April 2019 23:59 AOE

Robert Lingle

IEEE P802.3cm draft D2.0 ballot notice

IEEE P802.3cq Power over Ethernet over 2 Pairs (Maintenance #13)

D2.0

Initial Working Group ballot

Tuesday 2nd April 2019

Wednesday 1st May 2019 23:59 AOE

Chad Jones

Your continued working group voting rights is dependent on your responding to these ballots, as it says on the above webpage:

You can lose your voting membership for not returning or abstaining, other than abstain for lack of technical expertise, in two of the last three Working Group ballots.

As far as 802.3cg is concerned, we will still have to go through working group (floor) votes at plenaries to progress the draft after we complete Standards Association ballot, and you may want to vote then.

Because there are currently 3 ballots out, that means pay attention, missing 2 out of 3 could happen in an instant.

Mr. Law is known to have mercy, but staying on the right side of the rules is always good insurance.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx