[802.3_10SPE] plans for meeting time in Salt Lake - call for presentations

PRESENTATIONS:

This is your reminder – if you need to make a presentation at the meeting, please send me your request by Monday and your presentation by Thursday.  If you submitted a file with your comment, do not assume you will present; however, the file will be considered and shown, as necessary to resolve the comment.

Our primary business is comment resolution, so please identify the comment or comments a presentation is related to.

We will be pressed for time, so please be brief and to the point, and plan to take complete presentation in 10 minutes or less.  Some material has been presented on ad hoc calls, and, where that is the case, I would recommend reviewing, highlighting updates, rather than a full re-presentation.  (of course the group can ask for more if the material is unfamiliar).

MEETING PLAN:

As mentioned on the ad hoc call, in order to make efficient use of our time in comment resolution, I expect to be using the Chair’s normal power under Roberts’ Rules to set limits on debate.

To be fair, I will announce these ahead of time, at the initiation of comment resolution.  This email is to give you a heads up of what I am thinking, and is not final.

Remember that the chair serves at the will of the group, and that extending debate by changing the limits, removing or removing the limit, on all comments or on any one comment can, of course, be accomplished by the will of the group.

The editors are still working proposed responses and categories, we have 422 comments, and it appears we will have somewhere around 240 non-EZ and non-Editorial comments to consider.  As such, with 3 days and approximately 8 hours of meeting time a day, this allots approximately 24 hours of meeting time.  We will have to maintain an average of approximately 10 (non-EZ/Editorial) comments an hour, or an average rate of about 1 comment per 6 minutes.  This isn’t too bad, but will require diligence.

I expect to announce a maximum time limit for discussion of 10 minutes per comment and then call for consensus.  Additionally, to allow for fairness, I will limit speakers to 2 minutes at the microphone, not repeating speakers until all interested parties have spoken.  These limits include questions, but not previously requested presentations (there are not too many presentations).

If you have feedback, you may contact me privately, or you may discuss on the reflector.  Again, these are not final, but are intended to give you an idea of how the meeting will proceed.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860