[802.3_NGAUTO] S4P Touchstone Files

All,

I have received some questions concerning the Touchstone Files that are available on the private area of the NGAuto Website.

First, to further clarify the data format a new README file has been uploaded to the website.   This README file illustrates the transformation required to convert the single ended S4p files to the mixed mode domain.

Second, I have been asked if it would be possible to supply test data for the link segments above the current 3GHz up to 5GHz.   As I mentioned in Charlotte, the cables and connectors tested are only specified to maximum of 3GHz.  I can of course supply data to 5GHz, but it will have the following consequences:

1.  The results may be poor for the higher frequencies

2.  The results at those higher frequencies may not be consistent if a different batch of samples from different production lots would be built and re-tested.

With these 2 things in mind, we can provide the s4p data up to 5GHz.

Please let me know if this higher frequency data would be valuable to your analysis.

Best Regards,

Eric