[802.3_NGAUTO] NGAUTO Harness discussion

Dear NGAUTO participants,

During today's AdHoc call we discussed a number of cable and connector issues.  There are still some open issues that will be discussed during a call on Monday, October 9 at 7 am PDT (10 am EDT, 4 pm CEST).  This call is intended for cable, connector and harness suppliers that intend to perform testing on their components for NGAUTO links to be used for PHY development and MDI and Link Segment requirements.

If you would like to attend the meeting, please send me an email and I will add you to the meeting

Items to discuss:

  1. For Triaxial tube coupling attenuation measurements, should renormalizing to 150 ohms be performed
  2. “Link Segment” measurements – should each component be measured individually and then be put together to create composite curves for IL, RL, MC, etc. or should a complete harness be measured including header connectors on PCBs?
Natalie