[802.3_NGAUTO] Announcing the start of Task Force Review of D1.1 (first TF recirculation) for the IEEE P802.3ch Multi-Gigabit Automotive Ethernet PHY draft standard

Colleagues,

As discussed at the January interim in Long Beach,  D1.1 (1st TF recirculation) of the Multi-Gigabit Automotive Ethernet PHY draft standard has been posted for Task Force review in our private area: http://www.ieee802.org/3/ch/private/index.html

If you need the password to the 802.3ch private area, please contact me at scarlson@xxxxxxxx.

The draft is open for comment until Saturday, 23 February AOE (https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aoe)  Our Chief Editor would very much appreciate receiving comments as early as possible.

Those wishing to make comments against the draft shall use the comment entry tool or Excel spreadsheet: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/WG_tools/index.html

Please make sure you download and use the latest version of the tools. Please follow the comment guidelines in http://ieee802.org/3/ch/public/nov18/wienckowski_3ch_02a_1118.pdf .

Comments will only be accepted as output files from the comment entry tool, or the comment spreadsheet. Comments received in any other format will be rejected.

If you have diagrams or figure changes, do not draw them in the Excel tool. Submit a PDF along with your spreadsheet/comment tool output file. If your comment requires supporting technical information, create a concise presentation that speaks only to that particular comment and make sure that it clearly indicates which comment it references.

This is a Task Force review. There is no APPROVE or DISSAPROVE vote, nor are there required comments (ER or TR.) The entire draft is in scope, and will remain in scope throughout the task force review and comment process. Any member of the Task Force may comment on the draft.

Only comment against the "clean" file without change marks.  The compare file with change marks is provided for your convenient to see the changes from D1.0 to D1.1.

If you have questions about the comment entry tool, please direct them  to Natalie Wienckowski, Chief Editor. Please email your comment files/spreadsheets and any supporting material to me, scarlson@xxxxxxxx and Natalie Wienckowski,  NWIENCKOWSKI@xxxxxxx .

Comment review will occur at the IEEE 802.3 March plenary in Vancouver, BC. P802.3ch will meet Tuesday afternoon, all day Wednesday, and Thursday morning in Vancouver.

I would like to congratulate everyone for their hard work in getting to this important next step in our project. I would like to thank Natalie Wienckowski for her tremendous effort in creating D1.1, George Zimmerman, our Ad Hoc Chair, for facilitating our extremely productive ad hoc calls, and the Clause 45 material, and Jon Lewis, our Recording Secretary, for updating the figures in Frame. The editorial team delivered the draft four days before deadline.

Please make sure you get your comments in on time and follow the rules for comments we discussed in Long Beach in the Editor’s Report.

Happy commenting!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson

Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force

Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group

http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.

Portland, OR