[802.3_NGAUTO] P802.3ch Task Force Review D1.3 and May interim

Colleagues,

The Task Force review for D1.3 closed on May 11, 2019 (AOE) with no received
comments. Our agenda next week will be short and focused on preparation for
requesting Working Group ballot from the IEEE 802.3 WG Thursday evening. The
IEEE 802.3 WG will vote Thursday evening on our request; I hope all of you
who are 802.3 voters will be there. We will also have tutorial in the TF on
how Working Group ballot is conducted, along with rules for commenting to
help everyone be an effective commenter.

We have also been asked by David Law, the IEEE 802.3 WG Chair, to process a
liaison letter. Please see the text from Mr. Law below:

"The IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group has received a liaison letter from
ISO/IEC JTC1 SC25 on ISO/IEC TR 11801-9909 25Gbs over distances up to 50 m
and higher.

While I realize this isn't the focus of IEEE P802.3ch, I expect that a
number of the relevant subject matter experts will attend the IEEE P802.3ch
meeting.  Based on this I'd like to request that the IEEE P802.3ch Task
Force review this letter during their upcoming May 2019 interim meeting, and
based on the review make a recommendation at the IEEE 802.3 interim meeting
on Thursday 23rd May 2019 if there should be a reply, and if so, propose a
draft reply. Since I hope IEEE P802.3ch will have a short meeting in May you
can perhaps place this towards the start of the agenda. The letter can be
accessed at <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may19/index.html>, item C2."

Please take a look at the liaison prior to our meeting so we can create a
report to the IEEE 802.3 WG. It is possible that our recommendation may be
that no response is needed at this time.

I would like to congratulate everyone for all of the excellent work that has
kept the project on timeline as we move to the next phase.

Safe travels, and I look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Acting Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR