[802.3_NGAUTO] November Plenary Joint Task Force Meeting P802.3ch and B10GAUTO

Colleagues,

P802.3ch and the B10GAUTO SG will meet jointly at the November 2019 plenary
in Waikoloa, HI.  The 3rd WG recirculation ballot for P802.3ch closed on 6
November with 0 received comments and no new disapprove votes. The project
approval is now 99.17% and we are on track to request progressing the draft
to IEEE SA ballot out of this plenary. My thanks to the Task Force and our
project team for all the hard work!

Our meeting will consist of performing the administrative tasks required to
advance the draft, which include the TF reaffirming the project CSD:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0069-00-ACSD-802-3ch.pdf

Re-affirmation means that we will review the CSD to confirm that our project
meets them, and that no changes to the CSD are needed. Please look the CSD
over before our meeting. We'll be going through them and taking a
re-affirmation vote. This vote will be passed up to the IEEE 802.3 WG for
approval at the closing plenary.

We will also review the IEEE SA ballot process and explain what is required,
both from commenters, and from the TF, which is the Ballot Resolution Group
for the SA ballot.

We will also hear a presentation that is a preview of a possible comment on
D3.0 regarding "Alien Crosstalk at the MDI."  I expect that we will finish
all P802.3ch business Monday afternoon.  The on-line schedule may be found
here: https://schedule.802world.com/schedule/schedule/show Please refresh
your browser when viewing as it does not automatically refresh.

All P802.3ch presentations have been posted to the November website.

We will start the B10GAUTO SG Tuesday. Our goal is to make substantial
progress on the PAR, CSD and objectives. We will have several presentations
on technical feasibility of possible PHY approaches, as well as
cable/connectors for greater than 10 Gb/s. Presentations received to date
have been posted, but more are expected and will be updated as soon as
possible.

Finally, my congratulations to the P802.3cg and P802.3cn Task Forces.
802.3cg-2019 and 802.3cn-2019 were approved yesterday by the IEEE Standards
Board.

Safe travels, and I'll see you in Waikoloa!

Regards,

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR