[802.3_NGAUTO] P802.3ch and B10GAUTO joint meeting - January 2020

Colleagues,

As announced at the November plenary, we will hold a joint meeting at the Geneva interim. If you have not yet registered, either for the interim or the Saturday joint IEEE/ITU workshop, please do so immediately:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/index.html

Access to the ITU facility is by badge only. Badge pickup is Monday-Friday 08:30 - 17:30. There will likely a wait to pick up your badge, so if possible try to pick it up on Monday. Once you have your badge, you can come and go without checking in at the registration desk. During the week, the ITU cafeteria will be available for coffee, snacks and lunch. You will need to buy your own food. There are also restaurants nearby, but they can be slow at lunchtime. The weather in Geneva in January in usually cold, with overnight temperatures around freezing. Rain and snow are also possible, so be prepared.

Our joint meeting starts on Tuesday and we will begin with P802.3ch. I have allocated 1.5 days for comment resolution to the initial SA ballot comments. It is possible that we will finish in less time. I don't have any information on which room or rooms we'll be using. I'll send that out when I have it, which may no be until I'm on-site.

A reminder from our Chief Editor:

Proposed responses for the 94 comments received on our draft, 91 during the ballot period and 3 late, are now available.   The late comments have the topic "late".  As usual, there will be a motion at the start of comment resolution during the January Interim to determine if these late comments will be included.

Please note:  Comment 51 includes significant formatting notes for the proposed additional text.  In order to clarify the exact text to be added, and the formatting of this text, a presentation has been created.

62 comments have been placed in the "EZ bucket".  It is expected that these comments will not be reviewed during the January Interim and will be approved with a single motion.  If you would like to discuss any of these comments during the meeting, please send an email to the 802.3ch reflector no later than noon PST on Tuesday, January 14 to pull the comment(s) from the bucket.  While it is not necessary to include a reason to pull the comment from the bucket, it is helpful if you add this so that people can think about this prior to the meeting.

Thanks in advance for your careful review of these proposed responses to ensure a smooth meeting and an improved draft.

B10GAUTO will begin no earlier than mid-day Tuesday. If you have any presentation in support of our PAR, CSD or objectives, please get me your request by Friday of this week and the PDF by Wednesday of the following week.

Our original schedule allocated four days for the meeting, It is likely that we will not need all four.

Safe travels, and I look forward to seeing you in Geneva!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson

Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force

Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group

Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group

http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html

President

High Speed Design, Inc.

Portland, OR