[802.3_NGAUTO] IEEE P802.3ch project status - March 19, 2020

Colleagues,

The P802.3ch contingent teleconference interim was held on 19 March, 2020,
and the task force voted to request that the IEEE 802.3 WG submit the draft
to RevCom. Normally this would have been done at the closing plenary
meeting. Since that meeting was cancelled, the vote will be taken via email.

The March 2020 contingent teleconference interim website has been updated
with the meeting minutes and the motions and straw polls:

http://ieee802.org/3/ch/public/mar20/index.html

This is the planned timeline to move forwards:

23rd March: Working Group 10-day email ballot to submit to RevCom
7th April: IEEE 802 Executive Committee on-line meeting and vote
23rd April: RevCom meeting submittal deadline
3rd June : RevCom virtual meeting
4th June : IEEE-SA Standards Board virtual meeting - approved standard
Two to six months to published standard, depending upon Publication
Department workload

At this time, the Task force has completed its work and the remaining steps
will be taken by the P802.3ch leadership and the IEEE 02.3 WG Chair. I would
like to thank you for your hard work throughout the process. And special
thanks to Natalie Wienckowski, Chief Editor for her outstanding efforts and
organization; George Zimmerman for his leadership and consensus-building on
our ad hocs; and Jon Lewis for his work as Recording Secretary.

I will keep you updated on our progress via the reflector as the project
moves through the final stages. I look forward to our being able to
celebrate together!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR