Re: [8023-CMSG] Purpose

Hugh,

>> I would hope that even the most avid supporter of preemption would only
>> ask for two levels: preemptive & non-preemptive.

Agreed. That simplifies things to only one "was pre-empted" past state.

>> corrupting it - in fact, if you are prepared to suffer the loss of the
>> preempted frame then you don't need any new standard.

What about if one is not willing to suffer the preempted frame loss?
I still suspect it wouldn't be too hard, using some sort of "continue
were you left off" start-of-frame marker. Or, am I being naive?

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306