[8023-CMSG] FYI: Resilient backplane ring (RBR) study group web site

All,

We have just about overdone our welcome for announcing
a possibly interesting study group (hopefully soon an
IEEE Working Group). I have obtained our own reflector
address, so the not-always-appreciated load on others
reflectors can be avoided. Information is:

Resilient backplane ring (RBR)
  Scope:
    Resilient backplane ring (RBR) is a backplane interconnect
    based on the dual-ring resilient topology of resilient
    packet ring (RPR) and the 802 MAC addressing structure.
    RBR includes features appropriate for the low-latency
    backplane environment: destination-based flow control,
    low-power short-haul PHY, backplane-to-backplane links,
    transport of IEEE-1394 isochronous data, and support of
    IEEE-1596 memory-update operations.
  Purpose:
    The purpose of this project is to leverage the benefits
    of network-compatible resilient interconnects within the
    low-latency backplane environment.

  For background information, documents, and reflector signup:
    http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/msc/MSC_RBR/info.html
  Reflector name:
    STDS-MSC-RBR

  Next RBR Study Group meeting:
    2004Jun01 13:00-17:00 PST
    Nortel Networks
    Luminous 2 conference room
    4655 Great America
    Santa Clara, CA
    (right in front of the entrance to the theme park).
    Host:
      Hesham Elbakoury
      (408) 495-3410

If you wish to receive further communications, or wish to communicate
with others on the RBR reflector, please sign-up to the STDS-MSC-RBR
reflector as instructed on the URL above.

Respectfully,
DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct