From: owner-stds-802-3-cm@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-cm@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Carrier,
John
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 2:43 PM
To: STDS-802-3-CM@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [8023-CMSG] Fw: [802.1] Slides for per-priority flow
control

For what it's worth, the discussion at last week's meetings made it very
clear that "per flow" mechanisms were the realm of 802.1 and not 802.3.
For this work to go forward in 802.3, it must consider only the link (ie
the realm of 802.3).  This is not to say, however, that the "per flow"
discussion should not be taking place in 802.1.

--jc