From: owner-stds-802-3-cm@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-cm@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of David V James
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:41 PM
To: STDS-802-3-CM@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [8023-CMSG] Problem statement

Hmm,...

1) I had thought the primary reason for congestion management was to avoid
the short-term problem of loss of traffic during coincidental peaks in traffic.

The term "oversubscription" seems to imply a long-term flow control solution.
I suppose that's OK if the original intent of (1) was misperceived or has changed.

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306