Re: [8023-CMSG] PAR proposal

Benjamin,

First slide:
  Congestion Management ==> congestion management

On a later slide:
>> Congestion due to oversubscription results in frame discards.
>> This project will enable an exchange of congestion control
>> information, which will define a means of decreasing frame
>> discard and permit decreased latency

1) I think there are still some folks that think the need is
   do to a dynamic transient, not a long-term oversubscription.

2) Decreasing the oversubscription implies some form of rate
   throttle, which might actually >>increase<< the latency.
   I don't think the problem is reduced transmission latency;
   I think it has more to do with extra delivery latency but
   fewer frame losses, and thus improved higher-level delivery
   throughput.

Some of my thoughts, anyway.

DVJ

David V. James