Re: [8023-CMSG] PAR proposal

Title:

Jose,

Thanks for your contribution of actual wording. I've modified the PAR
slides again to include the suggested changes.

All,

I've also included some suggested word changes (in red) as proposed
by Gary McAlpine that I missed earlier this morning. Please continue
your review.

Thanks,
Ben

Jose Morales wrote:
Ben,

I have explained my opinion in my previous mail. According it, this is my  proposal for wording changes:

>> To improve the performance of an 802.3 link in terms of latency and frame discard
>> in the presence of congestion.

>> Congestion due to oversubscription results in frame discards. This project will
>> enable an exchange of congestion control information, which will define a means
>> of decreasing frame discard and permit decreased latency.

I propose:

"To improve the performance of an 802.3 link in terms of latency and frame discard in order to avoid congestion.

In case that the congestión appears, this project will enable an exchange of congestion control information, which will define a means of decreasing frame flow and permit decreased latency."

In my experience, I think tat avoid congestion must be the main objective. According my idea, 802.3 must detect the traffic situation an will use 802.2 to control it.

Thanks

Jose

Benjamin Brown wrote:

All,

Thanks to those who responded, especially those with actual
wording changes. I've captured the new wording in additional
slides so everyone can see them in a common format. If there
are additional comments, please feel free to make them. We'll
need to choose between these, probably on Tuesday of next
week, in order to allow this project to move forward.

Thanks,
Ben