[8023-CMSG] Plenary meeting plans

All,

The Congestion Management study group will be meeting in
San Antonio, TX during the 802 Plenary week of Nov. 15-19.
Our meetings begin Tuesday morning and run through Thursday
noon. Some time Tuesday morning, we'll be joined by 802.1
to discuss the work that we'll be pursuing through that group
and what the steps are to develop the PAR for 802.1.

In September, the objectives were refined and the PAR and
5 Criteria were prepared. We voted to forward these to the
exec and that has happened. On Thursday afternoon, we'll be
recommending their approval by 802.3. All of these documents
can be found via links at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/cm_study/index.html

On Tuesday evening, we'll be presenting a tutorial to the general
attendance of the Plenary. This will give everyone a chance to
see what we're doing and ask questions before our limited time
slot in the agenda on Thursday.

During this week's meeting, we'll have the following tasks:
* Consider further refinement of the objectives, PAR and 5 Criteria
* Have a general discussion with 802.1 for proceeding with their PAR
* Hear presentations from anyone that doesn't think we have addressed
all the problem spaces out there (I have heard that perhaps we're
adequately addressing the problems in an enterprise but not in a Telco
environment? We need to be told what we're missing!)
* Hear technical presentations regarding specific solution proposals

We have not yet adopted a schedule nor are we yet a task force but
that doesn't mean we can't spend a little time acting like we have a
deadline ahead of us for drafting a standard, since that is what we are
eventually all here for. This will be the immediate focus of our January
meeting, along with the development of the 802.1 PAR, assuming
802.3 agrees to forward the recommendations of this study group to
the exec and standards board. It will not hurt to get a jump on these
things.

Therefore, if you want to make a presentation, please let me know
the title, presenter and duration by Wednesday, the 10th. Also, I'll
need the final copy of the presentation by the 12th to ensure it makes
it up on the web before the meeting starts.

Hopefully, we'll have a successful meeting in Texas. I'll look forward
to seeing all of you there.

Regards,
Ben

--