Re: [8023-CMSG] Plenary meeting plans; RBR presentation options

Ben,

If you wish, I can give you a summary of what is happening
with CM related topics on P1796. As background, P1796 is
an MSC (not LMSC) sponsored network-based backplane using
techniques pioneered in IEEE Std 802.17 RPR (an Ethernet-like ring).

That would include flow-control related things on P1796,
which are different from its 802.17 baseline origin:

  1) ClassA refinements for fully guaranteed isochronous
     latencies and bandwidths.

  2) Destination-based lossless flow-control.

I suspect that some folks could feel strongly about this
not being applicable, so you may prefer to restrict topics
to the directly applicable CM presentations.

Just wanted to tender the offer, in case of interest.
I will be having to shuffle between a few meetings, so a
rough estimate of presentation time (if accepted) would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
DVJ
Chair IEEE P1796 WG