[8023-CMSG] PAR approval

All,

Thanks and congratulations to all! WG802.3 has approved our
objectives, 5 criteria and PAR and will forward the PAR and 5
criteria to the 802 SEC and the PAR to NesCom. In addition,
WG802.3 has extended the existence of the study group in order
to meet in January in case approval comes after that meeting.

Look for the announcement of the January interim meeting to be
held in Sacramento with 802.1 during the week of the 10th.

Please prepare technical presentations for the implementation of
a rate limiter that meets our objectives. Also, please continue to
think about and work on the requirements necessary for congestion
indication marking, including which protocols will be used and how
well they will support bridge layer violations by directly setting
their congestion indication bits (as we learned is currently done by
most of the L2+ bridges in the world for IP) or if they will require
an L2 tag to carry congestion indication marking.

Thanks to everyone that worked so hard during this process. Please
don't stop yet, this work is only just beginning.

You can find my closing plenary presentation at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/cm_study/public/november04/cmsg_2_1104.pdf

Regards,
Ben

--