Re: [8023-CMSG] Sacramento interim

Kevin,

I guess I need to apologize for this. I haven't done my usual job of
hounding the group to make sure everyone is focused and on task.
Between the holidays and the requirements of my current job, I did
not give this adequate attention.

Task force members,

Let me echo Kevin's concerns! The study group thrived on the
activity of its members. The task force must do the same. We didn't
get this far just to pass the work on to someone else. The members
of the study group are the members of the task force! You are the
same people! If you don't do the work, no one will. If 802.3 hears
that nothing has been done with the task force, it may very well
vote to disband it. It has the ability to do that!

A great discussion was moving before the holidays regarding rate
limiting options. Those interested should review the email archive
and put presentations together that support those arguments or
perhaps make different ones. Silence is the killer.

As for marking packets with congestion information, it sounds like
Manoj is working on something but others should also participate,
either by presenting additional information, different information or
just helping out Manoj and supporting his work.

I urge all of you that made the study group so successful to keep
up the good work that you had been doing and make the task
force just as successful!

Good luck!

Ben

--