[STDS-802-3-NGBIDI] Liaison from ITU-T Q2/15

All,

We have just received a liaison from Q2/15.  (See attached).

The basic idea here is that the budgets for the 10GBASE BR20 and BR40+ are revised to both use APD receivers with RS-FEC.

This reduces all the optical levels, and thus makes the overload value much more reasonable.

The budgets for BR10 and BR40 are untouched (which is favorable, since there are already products that implement those specs.)

Coincidentally, the five comments we received against D1.3 all have to do with the implementation of this suggestion.

So, please take a look at this issue, and be prepared to discuss at our meeting on May 6.

Sincerely,

Frank Effenberger