[STDS-802-3-NGBIDI] Reminder of the open ballot

All,

I’d like to remind you that we have an open WG ballot on our draft 2.0.

The due date is June 27.  Thanks to all that have commented already.

I would like to give you an informal report on the related discussion of G.9806 Am1 (at the ITU-T Q2/15 meeting yesterday).

  • When we considered the 25G BR20 and BR40+, we find the same issues as we saw in the 10G case (overload is too high).  This issue can be reduced by shifting the power levels down.  Interested parties will submit comments to propose these changes.  The 802.3cp group can consider them in comment resolution.
  • As for 50G, at this point, we don’t have any direct comments, and the current plan is to directly reuse the values found in D2.0.  Of course, for the BR20 and BR40+ types, the power range of the Rx is quite large.  I would invite our component vendor members to look carefully at those values, and evaluate their practicality.
  • As before, the BR10 and BR40 types are not immediately related to the optics types in G.9806, and no comments are anticipated on those types.

Sincerely,

Frank E.