[802.3_DWDM] Update - IEEE P802.3ct / P802.3cw Projects

All,

The IEEE P802.3ct Task Force fourth review closed yesterday.  I am happy to report that no comments have been submitted.

Please note that it had been announced we would consider comments submitted against D1.3 at the May 14 Interim Teleconference Meeting.  We would also be hearing the motion to request that IEEE 802.3 progress the draft to WG Ballot.  While we don’t have to devote any time to comment consideration, the motion will still be necessary.

So the May 14 Interim Teleconference Meeting will still be a joint IEEE P802.3ct / P802.3cw Task Force meeting.  The agenda will be

  • Progressing IEEE P802.3ct to WG Ballot
  • Baseline proposals for IEEE P802.3cw

Individuals wishing to make request for the May 14 meeting should submit requests by this upcoming Monday 5/4.

In addition, we will be proceeding at the IEEE 802.3 May Interim Meeting  to request to proceed to WG Ballot.  All are encouraged to attend, but as this is vote will be by 802.3 voting members -please make sure you plan on pretending.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force

Chair, IEEE P802.3cw Task Force