From: jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2020 7:20 AM
To: stds-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 14 Dec Joint TF Interim Teleconference Webpage

All

Material for Monday’s Joint TF Interim Teleconference has been uploaded - https://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/public/tf_interim/20_1214/index.html.

Please note the following

  • The update report for the IEEE P802.3cw optical crosstalk ad hoc has not been completed yet.
  • Based on discussions about the ad hoc and a comment submitted against the definition of black link, I will be providing a supporting presentation in i-1 to try and clear up the black link terminology.  During conversations it has been noted that there is a definition in 1.4 that addresses the Black Link methodology, but there is a subsequent definition in 154 that uses the black link to describe all of the DWDM channels as well.  This has led to some confusion, which I feel we need to address.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force

Chair, IEEE P802.3cw Task Force